Be informed about your data on Tiresias whenever you want, securely and free of charge!
Tiresias securely and transparently provides timely and comprehensive information on data that concern you that are kept in its registries, whether you are a private citizen or own an enterprise. In order to be informed about your data and to exercise your rights according to GDPR, we operate a Public Service Office, which is in charge of the administration of all relevant requests.
Detailed information on the points of contact with the Office, the application forms and the necessary supporting documents can be found in the Public Service section of our website.
Why won’t the bank finance me?
Tiresias Registries do not contain financial evaluation or other assessments of the data included therein. Such data are exclusively assessed by their recipients, who evaluate them in conjunction with their own data, always bearing in mind the financial transaction to take place and their credit policy.
Consequently, the data kept in Tiresias Registries are of a subsidiary nature and under no circumstances do they obligate, compel or deter the recipient from entering or not entering into a financial transaction.
Why did the bank not inform me about the data in your registry?
Information may be provided to you (exercise of right to access) solely via Tiresias, which keeps the registries and functions as the Controller
Why must I wait (2 years, 4 years, etc.) so that my settled data cease appearing, and what is the retention time for data on default of financial obligations and prenotations?
The Retention Period of the data kept by Tiresias in its aforementioned registries is according to ar. 40 Ν. 3259/2004, as modified by ar. 70 Ν. 3746/2009 and ar. 4 Ν. 3816/2010 and is in effect.
How can I improve my “picture” in the credit bureau registry?
Α. By providing Tiresias with the appropriate supporting documents in order to supplement or erase the data that concern you, as appropriate.
Β. By settling your financial obligations in good time (payments of instalments, bills of exchange, cheques, etc.) and by not accepting financial risks which you are not certain you will be able to cope with in the future.
Which supporting documents will I need when I contact Tiresias?
In order to receive the best possible service when visiting Tiresias offices regarding any transaction, please have your police-issued identity card or passport with you and be aware of your tax identification number (TIN).
If you send the supporting documents via e-mail or post, please use the standardised application forms.
Moreover, in each case and depending on your request (supplementation - rectification/erasure of data etc.), the relevant supporting documents will be required. For any further information, contact our call centre.
I appear in Tiresias even though I have fully paid off my loan/card. Why does this happen, and how do I stop appearing in your registries?
Credit consolidation data are kept by for five years after they were last updated by the credit bodies.
What is my score, how is it generated and how does it affect my ‘picture’ or that of my enterprise?
Your score is generated on the basis of all your data appearing in the credit bureau registers kept by our company (DFO & MPS - CCS) using statistical models which compute it on the basis of a statistical valuation of past transactional behaviour; this score is dynamic and changes whenever the data that concern you change.
Factors which may affect your score include but are not limited to:
- Delays in repaying financing debts
- Presence of data concerning defaults on financial obligations (DFO)
- Timely payment of financing debts
Your score is evaluated exclusively by the credit and financial institutions which requested it, which make the relevant decision on whether or not to extend a loan or credit, taking into account the other information available to them and their credit policy. Therefore, your specific score at any given time alone does not result in the extension or non-extension of a loan/credit.
I am late in paying my loan instalments. Does this affect my ‘picture’?
The Credit Consolidation System (CCS) also displays any delays in the repayment of credit debt. Delays in repaying your debts is one of the factors affecting your score.
How can I rectify my data?
You can find the conditions and supporting documents required on our Greek website.
Is my consent required for entry of data that concern me in the Default of Financial Obligations System (DFO) and Mortgages and Prenotations to Mortgages System (MPS) and/or the Credit Consolidation (CCS) System?
No. In accordance with Decision No 109/1999 of the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (24/ 2004, Government Gazette, Series II, Issue 684/ 11.5.2004), the provisions of Article 40(2) of Law 3259/2009 and the GDPR, your consent is not required for such processing.
What data are kept in Tiresias for me as a natural or legal person?
You may be informed free of charge by the Public Service Office any time, whether you are a natural person or own an enterprise or are a freelancer.
Which data are kept
What are the benefits of Tiresias’ function?
What are the benefits of Tiresias’ function?
Through its work as a Credit Bureau, like other Credit Bureaus worldwide, Tiresias contributes towards:
- Limiting the over-indebtedness of private citizens. By having an overall picture of the credit behaviour of a prospective borrower, through any data found in the default of financial obligations register as well as in the credit consolidation register, reflecting the timely payment of obligations such as cards, loans, etc., banks can better assess the borrower's long-term capability of repaying their loan.
- Facilitating lending. At the international level, banks tend to be more conservative in lending when they do not have sufficient data on prospective borrowers, which leads to an increase in the percentage of rejected loan applications and/or in loan interest rates. Conversely, the lending process is facilitated when banks have the data required to adequately evaluate an applicant’s solvency and creditworthiness. Tiresias contributes to credit expansion and reintegration into the financing process, due to the fact that with accurate and complete information, the possibility of identifying prospective borrowers with the ability to pay off their obligations is enhanced.
- Reducing cost of lending. With more information the over-indebtedness and borrowers who cannot pay off their financial obligations are confined, thus reducing the burden for consistent borrowers.
- Enhancing the security of commercial transactions and increasing market confidence, through the Tiresias Risk Control System (TSEK), helping protect entrepreneurs from transactions that entail risk for the enterprises.
- Protecting citizens from possible fraud against them, through the register of lost/stolen identity cards and passports.
You may find more about Credit Bureaus here.