Safeguarding Personal Data
Tiresias SA operates on the principle of respect
and protection of public rights. Tiresias SA also abides by law
2472/97 * on the "Protection of
the individual from the processing of personal data" and the relevant
provisions of the Directive 95/46/EC.
The credit profile data of individuals is of personal nature and therefore its process is subject to the relevant provisions of L. 2472/97. However, this data does not fall into the "sensitive data" category, as defined in the above law.
Tiresias SA, being fully aware of the importance of its service of public interest, has adapted the development and operation of the Credit Profile Database and the Risk Consolidation System so as to assure the protection of the individual from the processing of such data. The company has communicated to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority its Data Processing Regulation (DPR) which has granted its relevant approval. In addition, Tiresias SA regularly informs the public through press announcements.
The decisions and normative acts of the Hellenic Data Protection Authority affecting the function of Tiresias SA are the following:
* Links point to the home page of Hellenic data Protection Authority.
See section "Decision".
- 109-31.03.1999 *: regarding the operation of the credit bureau and
the maintainance of the database for negative data
- 523-13.10.1999 *: regarding the maintainance of the database for lost or stolen ID's / passports
- 86/2002 *: regarding the maintainance of the database for positive data
- 6/2006 *: Opinion of the Data Protection Authority for the creation and function of the Terminated Merchant's System by Tiresias SA
- 11/2006 *: regarding the collection of lost or stolen ID's / passports from the database of Ministry of Public Order
- N.3746 / 2009
:Article 40, credit bureau and maintenance of the database of